Re: Rattling Seat Tracks

To: "Atwell Haines" <karbuff@optonline.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rattling Seat Tracks
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:18:38 -0800
Atwell, please pardon my lack of techical terms, here are some suggestions
that might help:
Each side of each seat includes:
-two metal "shells", one attaches to the floor, the other to the bottom of
the seat,
-between those two shells are two plastic cylinders with what amounts to a
thick rubber band encircling them.
The shells are held apart, and movement is eased, by the cylinders.
So...
A) make sure that your seat tracks are not missing one or more of the
cylinders, and that if present, they are in reasonable condition.
Alternatively,
B) check that the spring that holds the latch firmly engaged into the recess
that receives its tab is fullfilling its function.
C)check that the latch that holds the rear end of the seat to the rear end
of the tracks is firmly engaged
D)check that the bolts that hold the tracks into the floor are firmly
secured.
E)check that the metal straps that hold the front of the seat cushion to the
seat frame have resistance to movement and are firmly engaged.
Hope this helps,

Nick Moseley
76 and two 78's
Delta B.C.