Re: stumble resolved

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: stumble resolved
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:29:03 -0800 (PST)
Doug, and listers,

I've been involved with this subject for a while.
I attached some links to some sites and lists I've
found useful. There are lot's of archives and info
available, but much of it it not organized
consistently or centrally.

Although I'm a bit twiddler and electron pusher by
trade,
I've decided there's just not enough time for a DIY
project. Instead, I'm adapting a Ford EEC-IV fuel
injection
and engine management system from an Escort 1.9L.

Not trying to discourage you, it's just the choice I
made.

On the subject of ignition. Both GM and Honda have
nice
coil-on-plug modules in production. Each plug gets
it's
own coil and ignitor, in one compact package. These
are triggered by uP logic level signals, so you can
use
a simple buffer to run them from you controller.

If you still want a coil and distributor, consider the
GM ignitor module. Millions have been made, cheap,
rugged,
easy to get anywhere. Yes, you could design and build
transistor or Hexfet driver circuit, along with the
heat sink, snubber, input trigger signal conditioning,
etc.
What happens when it dies on a Sunday evening in
Podunk?

Anyway, lot's of cheap, rugged, available parts to
choose from, developed and ruggedized by the Big Boys
run for 100,000 miles, anywhere a car can go or be.

Here's some links I've found useful:

    subscribe diy_efi-digest

in the body of a message to
"Majordomo@lists.diy-efi.org".

A non-digest (direct mail) version of this list is
also available; to
subscribe to that instead, replace "diy_efi-digest" in
the command
 above with "diy_efi".

The EEC Tuner is a module for displaying and altering
the parameters
and settings of an EEC in situ, without removing the
PROM for
burning (NFI). There are a couple of lists I follow:

www.yahoogroups.com
EECTuner - general EEC Tuner list
tuner23 - specific to EEC Tuner with Ford 2.3 NA and
turbo motors

I hope you find something useful.

Good luck with your project!

Carter