FW: Weird Spit on Ebay

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Weird Spit on Ebay
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:05:14 -0800
If what Joe says is true,(and I have no reason to believe otherwise), it
would explain why my car has the "Spitfire" name on the bonnet that looks
like it should be part of the "Bullseye" type that used on earlier cars ...
except no bullseye. The boot badge is correct for the model and the year.

Correct me if I am wrong though ... Isn't the eBay car a 1977 model?
I would be very surprised that Triumph would use a MkIV badge on that late a
model car.

Stranger things have happened though.

Cheers,

  *** Philip ***
1975 Spitfire 1500 - (otherwise known as 'CJ')