RE: Strange Triumph Owners - parts exchanges

To: "'Chris De Wet'" <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>,
Subject: RE: Strange Triumph Owners - parts exchanges
From: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:49:41 -0500
screw him.  I've met people similar to that, only where spridgets are
concerned.

This old guy in TX wanted to replace his mallory distributor with the stock
one.  I had a stock one in great shape with a lumenition ignition (as a
spare).  So I told him and we agreed I would send it.  If he liked it, he
could send me the mallory.  Otherwise,  he could send me back the Lucas (it
was a 45DE4).

When I went to check,  I remembered that a friend uninstalled the luminition
and installed a pertronix when he borrowed it.  A brand new one at that.  He
then decided to go back to points and gave me back the dizzy.

I emailed the guy in TX and told him about the mix-up.  No response.  After
about a week,  I boxed it and sent it.

No reponse after a week.  After two emails sent to him asking him if he got
it,  I got a reponse that knocked me off my feet.  He told me how pissed off
he was that I pulled a switch, that I was dishonest, all kinds of crap.

When I reminded him that the original deal was that we would only switch if
he was OK with the dizzy I sent him.  He told me that it was my "only
redeeming quality".  He then complained that shipping it back would cost him
money (it was $5 to send it to him) and time and that it was my fault.

So I told him, "keep it, don't keep it, I don't care" and wrote it off.  For
all I care, he can stick it up his .....

For the most part,  part swapping has been a good experience for me.  But
there will always be the few that try to screw everyone.  This was a person
that I has exchanged emails with several times in the past (he's also on the
mgs list as he has a B) and he seemed normal enough.  Little did I know he
was off the wall.  But now I know,  and all it cost me was a good
distributor and a new ignition.

Mike