Re: Overdrive tranny question

To: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive tranny question
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:54:27 +0100
At 10:29 14-2-2001 -0500, Mike Chmura wrote:

>1976 Triumph Spitfire Overdrive Transmission Item #559396364
>
>My questions are:
>- I assume this unit will work in my 1978 Spit?

It should do.

>- What should I expect to bid for something like this?

Whatever it's worth to you.

>- Is there any way to make sure this item works before I spend the
>money?  Or do I just take my chances from what the seller says?

I guess you pays your money and takes your chances...

>- Since this just looks like the tranny itself, what besides a shorter
>driveshaft would I need to buy to get this thing to work in my car?

I think you'd need a switch. Either the original one on top of the shift
knob, or a custom version.

>- Any special questions I should ask the seller about this unit?

Uhm... does it have a solenoid? They're expensive buggers to replace. :-(

Good luck,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green