Re: Manual for general knowledge.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <pcart@willinet.net>
Subject: Re: Manual for general knowledge.
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 07:03:52 -0500
The  Victoria British catalog.  That's got about the best pictures; all parts
blown up, labeled and named, broken down by section.  Very usefull for what you
describe wanting.  It's also free for the asking.

When you get a Spitfire, I'd suggest picking up a Haynes manual.  They are
cheap, and quite effective for the average car owner.  It's not going to tell
you how to rebuild the differential, but it certainly covers changing the
brakes and tuning the carburetor.

>>> "Paul Cartwright" <pcart@willinet.net> 02/01 11:50 PM >>>
(snip)
I believe I am looking for plenty of drawings, photographs, and an overview
of the different systems on the car.  I do not need very technical
information like the torque for bolts, etc.