Re: Parts Vendors

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Vendors
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:10:40 -0500
As I have only had one spit and that only on the road since August, my parts
ordering experience is far more limited that others.  I've had it long
enough to fix most of the broken things but not long enough for many other
things to break.

I've ordered with great success from Obsolete Automotive.  They are worth
calling or emailing just to get on the free mailing list for their QUARTERLY
Sports Car Chronicle. (tabloid newsprint layout) They may cut you off the
mailing list if you don't order in a while. I believe the Sports Car
Chronicle is also put on their website.

I've only heard of the other suppliers you guys have mentioned since joining
the list last spring - one of the other bonuses of this list.

Len Lubbers | '79 Spitfire | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/lubbers

Keith R. Stewart wrote:

First, let's correct the above URL for Obsolete Automotive. It should be
http://www.obsoleteauto.com/  Also, I don't understand the constant
reference to the US$ and dealing with OA. My experience has been that if the
part is approx. $100 in the US, it is priced (for the most part) at $150
(Cdn), which requires $100 US to purchase...where's the great deal? They
also have a great monthly newsletter with "How To" articles including
pictures and monthly specials.