Re: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: Terry Thompson <epharisto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:18:43 -0800 (PST)
Not to start any rumors but, the trademark says it is
granted for "Parts for vehicles". It might just be a
legal stipulation for BMW to import or sell "triumph"
brand replacement parts. Or it might even be a
preemptive step toward gaining legal high ground on
litigating someone that is selling triumph parts in
this country. Maybe it's a legal maneuver to take
"Triumph.com" from the computer company that has the
URL. You get the idea.

With all of the crazy laws now a days, who knows?

I think either possibility is certainly more likely
then re-institutionalizing a car company in a market
flooded with automobiles. Especially a name that would
invariably be associated with sport cars that would
complete directly with BMW Z and M series cars.

-Terry