Re: Steel Wheel restoration

To: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>, Luke Lewis <lukage@home.com>
Subject: Re: Steel Wheel restoration
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:13:18 -0800 (PST)
You can solve the 'instant rust' by using a phosphate
wash, see/ask body shop sites, or look in the Spit
archives. Eastwood etc. carries it, but it's available
locally just about everywhere.
Have you considered powder coating the wheels? Lot's
of DIY kits and supplies available (Eastwood, Harbor
Freight, ....).
They (the wheels) are small enough to fit into a
regular size oven for curing. Very tough stuff, gets
into all the cracks and crevices, lots of colors and
finishes.
And you can recoup your modest investment doing PC for
local car freaks, bicylists, boaters, etc.

Carter Shore

<003901c07a82$298827e0$c08f7018@lndn1.on.wave.home.com>you