Re: Hi everyone

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hi everyone
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:58:53 -0500
Way to pick a non-controversial topic for your first post - not!!!

Seriously, from a distance of 20-35 years, the differences between
model years no longer seem so important.  Sure, we all have our
favorites, but I think having ANY spit is generally more important than
having a certain model spit.  Performance and reliability issues
are not that much different from model to model, at least not in
comparison with a modern car IMHO.

I like the round tails (pre 1971) for their vintage good looks and
the later square tails for their more modern good looks.  The later
MK3s do have the advantage of a fold away top, instruments in front
of the driver and high back bucket seats, but they have the disadvantage
of losing a carb, or maybe's that a good thing. Unless you don't
live in North America.... and I'm beginning to think that you don't
based on your e-mail address ...never mind the instruments in front
of the driver and the single carb...

Anyway, we love 'em all and welcome to the list!

Greg Rowe