Not really Spit related but LBC news just the same

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Not really Spit related but LBC news just the same
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 02:19:37 EST
Hi all,
    Although I haven't any Spitfire news to report I do have a sad piece of
information to relate to all LBC fans everywhere. As a fairly new owner of a
72 Austin Mini I signed on to the Mini list on this server. Those bunch of
nuts are just as great as us Spitfire owners, just a bit different. But on to
the sad part.
    As anyone familiar with Minis knows, back in the day a couple of high
performance versions were built, the Cooper and Cooper S. These were both
developed by a wonderfully talented man by the name of John Cooper. Sadly he
lost his battle with cancer this Christmas Eve. This is a truly sad thing for
any Mini fan and any fan of British cars in general. He will be sorely
missed. A toast in his honor at any LBC gathering is in order.
            Rest in Peace Mr. Cooper.

                                                                    Brad W