Re: M is for...

To: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>, griffco@mail.cadvision.com
Subject: Re: M is for...
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:18:17 -0700
> I followed a Triumph link to an Italian Spitfire
> website.  It was in Italian, but if my crude
> translation is correct, they did say that the M stands
> for Michelotti.

I'm fluent in Italian, but I couldn't get that site to open for
me...(figurati!) but, it does seem to me that I've heard that the M was for
Michelotti.

I saw a Michelotti at the Petersen Automotive Musuem this past summer-cute
little one off open car with a wicker basket interior! The isignia's were all
Michelotti-and it seems to me that the "M"s were the same as the M on the
bonnet latches. In fact, I noticed rith off that the script on the badges was
pretty much like the script on the round tails.

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!