Re: Trailering

To: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Trailering
From: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 00:55:27 -0800
Don't know if you will have any problems, but if you do:
1.  Get some 2-4' lengths of 2x8 and put them under the bottom end of the
short ramps like this:                                  /  <ramp
                            ________   <2x8
             _________________     <2x8
 ________________________         <2x8
They will reduce the chance of hitting your front end on the ramps.
2. If the trailer has a tongue crank post, use it to tilt the trailer bed up
at the front (this will push the tail of the trailer down toward the ground
to reduce the chance of hitting your rocker panels on the rear edge of the
trailer).
3. If possible, back the trailer into a slight rise to minimize the ground
to trailer distance.  Even a foot of height differential makes a big
difference - you don't need a loading dock.

Mike
Renton, WA

--
Mike - Renton, WA