Ignition lamp flicker

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition lamp flicker
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 23:11:52 -0500
Greetings, fellow listers!

I just got back from an evening cruise, during which I noticed that the
ignition lamp will occasionally come on for a second or two.  RPM doesn't
seem to be a factor, with the flicker happening between 2000 - 4000.  Of
course the lights were on, and I did have the heater going. (Hey, this is
Minnesota - it's about 55 out tonight.)  Everything seems to work OK.  The
battery isn't noticeably going down.  It's a '74 with the standard
alternator.  Is this occasional flicker normal, or should I start worrying?

BillG
1974 Spitfire
1971 GT6