Re: Fix-A-Flat

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fix-A-Flat
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 00:05:10 -0400
I must have missed that one!  I've had to replace rims that were thoroughly
rotted out from the water in some of the fix a flat type cans.  I'm real
positive the damage came from this because the rims were fine when I put the
tires on, and they were well rotted when I took them off the rim the next time.
Fix a flat was used in between the times.

While the liquid whatever-it-is can seal a bead, it usually will not get there.
The rotation of the tire as you drive (as per can instructions) will fling the
goo up under the tread of the tire, away from the bead.  You'd do better to
break the bead and wire brush the rim.