Did you ever have one of those oil filters?

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Did you ever have one of those oil filters?
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 19:40:35 -0500
Argh.

I just spent an excess amount of time triyng the simple task of getting an
oil filter off. I don't understand how the process became an impossibility.
It would budge I'd say, about half a degree.  Now it is halfway demolished,
in an attempt to basically pry it open and be done with it.

Why am I doing this? trying to get the oil cooler on. Right now the radiator
shroud is off(and currently triyng to get all the paint and rust off of it,
but I still can't seem to find any way of mounting the cooler on in a firm
way. Does VB sell a seperate oil cooler for '79/'80 models?

There's also the issue of clearence. I have an air pump on mine, and it
looks like there's almost no room to get the oil cooler mounting(on the
block), and have it safely co-exist with the air pump hardware.

With emissions laws in Minnesota getting repealed, can I safely remove the
air pump unit altogether? I'm at a loss for ideas here.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net
now with fortified commentaries