Needles in A Zenith Stromberg carb 76-80 Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Needles in A Zenith Stromberg carb 76-80 Spitfire
From: drcarey@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 08:28:54 -0400

I  have a 80 spit.....I was attempting to remove the top of the carb to
replace the o-ring that keeps the damper oil intact.
I dropped the damper housing and put a good bend in the needle.   I have a
76 spit which I removed the same damper/housing w/needle......and installed
in the 80 carb.   Seems to be OK.    I see they MOSS/TRF  sell different
needles for different model years of Spit/Zentih carbs...............Is
there a difference in the needles?
IF so what?  thanks for any info.....DAN   appleorchard@prodigy.net

Daniel R. Carey