Re: TRF Catalog!!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Catalog!!
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:44:33 +0100

Thought I'd add in my £0.02 to this one (just in case there weren't enough
contributors ;-)).

Every now and then, a thread pops up on this list where someone has had a
problem with a big supplier, and a load of other people agree.  Then a load more
people disagree and say how wonderful the supplier is.

Everyone makes mistakes or has problems from time to time, and everyone has
their own personal experiences and will act on them.  Personally, I have stopped
using Rimmer Bros due to having had a number of problems with poor quality of
parts, and started using John Kippings instead.  But I now have a steering rack
on back-order at Kippings, despite being promised that it would be delivered to
me by last Thursday.  Other people have had good experiences with Rimmer Bros
and swear by them.  For every supplier out there, there seem to be a number of
people who are extremely happy with that supplier, and a number who are not.

There is one exception to this, though - I have never heard a bad word mentioned
about Ted Schumacher.  Jeff makes some good points about why he's not the first
supplier that people think of, but every comment I've seen on this list about
the parts he's supplied and the service he gives has been complimentary.  I've
never ordered from Ted since the cost of shipping to the UK would probably be
prohibitive, and I have no financial interest in TSI, but over the past few
months I've noticed several people making positive comments about Ted and TSI,
but a lack of negative comments.  Ted, when are you going to open a franchise in
the UK?

Well, that's enough free advertising for Ted.  I'm going to go home and see if
my steering rack has arrived, otherwise I may give Rimmer Bros a call.  Or maybe
I should simply set up shop selling Triumph parts - on second thoughts, I'm not
sure I could handle the stories about me when an order doesn't work out quite
right.

Dean