RE: Engine colors?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Engine colors?
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:45:05 -0500
I was researching this, as well, for the Mk III.  From early brochures (via
the various websites) I have seen a copper color on the valve cover.  Mine
is a metallic copper, too, but flaking off, of course.  I have every reason
to believe that is the original color.  My engine was rebuilt during the
PO's reign and was repainted black (didn't do the valve cover?), so I'm not
sure about the engine block, but the frames were painted to match the body
color.

Terrence Banbury
Mk III