Todays update on Restoration

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Todays update on Restoration
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:25:44 -0500
Stayed up till 0300 (thats 3 am for you civilian types) I am sure my
neighbors really appreciated the compressor operating that early in the
morning, since it is right outside their bedroom window - oops.  And I got
the interior of the car painted and the firewall etched and primed.  I am
starting to move on this!!

I placed heavy duty fibreglass/tar sound deading matts on the inside of the
firewall, on the front sections of the floorboard and up over the area where
the differential sits.  I anticipate this, combined with heavy heat and
sound insulation under the carpeting to hopefully make for  a nice quiet
cool ride.

On the down side, I brushed up against my front drivers side tire and it
rocked back and forth, so I came to the irritating reality that I set the
bearing too loose and will shortly have to redo this :^(  Not too much
trouble, I just have better things to do right now.

I have been commanded by the Commander in Chief, Home front to take a break
today for my birthday.  So no work for a day or so.

Preparing to roll out the all new, yet unnamed 1979 Spit

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire - on its way