Re: Dash warning lights

To: Philip Warburton <cplimey@home.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash warning lights
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:14:28 -0700
Hi Philip,,
    The experience I have with my 1500s and MK IV, plus books show:
In the centre panel
1. Some early MK IVs, perhaps only British, have no warning lights,

1.  Black plastic dash '71 MK IV (I have one), round set into the dash -
Left, "Hazard", Right "Brake".  I have seen photos of these two being
retangular (perhaps British only).

2. wooden dash '73 1500 (I have one) same as above, plus centre, rectangular
"SeatBelt"

3. a later dashboard I have has all three warning lights rectangular, laid
out as in 2.

4. on a later dashboard I have, a 4th warning light, "Hazard", is a
rectangular, below the rectangular Hazard switch, between the speedo and
tach.  This probably means the centre panel now has the "EGR" light, but I
don't know which - unless it simply replaced the left "Hazard" one.

Hope it helps,
Cheers, Fred
with a box of bits looking more like a spitfire every day!

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada