Re: Sensible advice please

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sensible advice please
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:10:36 -0800
I've heard a couple of stories like what happened to your friend. People are
always bugging me to put a roll bar on my car because of stories like
that-but, like you said, these cars do not flip easily and I can only think
that when this happens it's either a freak accident or people driving these
cars in a manner beyond either the drivers capabilities &/or the cars
capabilities.

Also, when you have a car that's insured for book value, it doesn't take
much for the insurance company to total it out. When my ex smashed up his 89
Sentra, the car had a book value of a couple of thousand dollars-so, bye,
bye Ole Paint! Sad.

A spit doesn't have much of a book value, so it wouldn't take much for one
to get totalled out by an insurance company-a car that could be repaired.

I know a guy whose buddy had a Toyota-and had an accident. Of course the
insurance company totalled it out, but he was lucky enough to be able to buy
it back and repair it-drove it for years (untill it got stolen!)

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!