on the hook too.

To: <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: on the hook too.
From: "Richard Stieg" <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:35:29 -0600
So I gave up trying to adjust the HS-4's and attempted to drive two miles to
a local foreign car mech.
guy had "two" Porche Carrerras on his grease racks, and a 57 T-bird in the
wings. Must know more than me. Got within 1000 yards when the thing just
spluttered to a stop.  hadta use my AAA plus get home free card (y'all ALL
do have one, right?)  to finish the trip to the shop. Bartlett cop drove
by-I work for the City, so natch the gumshoe had to come oogle. He grinned
and said "it's an elegant design". So I finished the line from The Gumball
Rally Movie for him- "I wish it ran".  (remember the E-type which never left
the garage?)

Got several double takes, standing there with my cell phone in my ear,
bonnet up and thumb up my a**.  Even got a knowing look from a blonde in a
Miata (top up of course). So after a one minute tow, got to the shop.

1st time anybody but me has turned a wrench on the thing, except the front
end alignment.
I figured that gas mileage with twice as many carbs would be less, but he
found that the crankcase was full of gas-and oil had spurted outa every
orifice. front float was not even slowing down the flow of fuel and it was
running outa the throat of the carb  by the tablespoonful when I shut the
engine down.  mech. said I was lucky I didnt blow the front of the car into
the next town.

gave him a box of Su-2 parts to cannibilze the screws from and beat a hasty
retreat.
he says it should be running, tomorrow.

rick stieg
75 spit

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
you read this message in error, please remit a check for $100 bucks to
Credit Suisse Stieg. Any one not paying for receiption of this message will
have his A-arms bent up around his elbows, by Vito the E-mail spam
accountant.