Finally legal and registered - hallelujah!

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finally legal and registered - hallelujah!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:19:19 -0800
Just got back from my 4th trip to the DMV.  Yesterday, I had to drive my car
in for inspection, so I could prove that the commission number is the VIN
that they need, not the engine number that the PO's DMV in Illinois used.
Even when I pointed out the commission plate and number to the inspector,
she had to go back in and try to look it up in their book to verify the
model year.  I got to take a peek at her directory and under TRIUMPH it
stated the location of the commission plate on TR3's and TR3a's only.  No
mention of any other model of Triumph, including Spitfire.  Finally, the gal
shrugged and said, "well, I'll just have to take your word for it, I guess".
I held up the personalized plate receipt that read "1967 MK3" and said, "now
if it wasn't a '67, would I be putting THESE plates on it?  Unfortunately,
I'd forgotten some paperwork at home and had to go back today, finally
obtaining current registration and my new plates.  Whew!  GLAD TO BE PAST
THAT HURDLE!

Cheers,

Jeff in San Diego
www.ohms.com/spitfire/spitfire.shtml