Early Mk3 Hood Frame?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Mk3 Hood Frame?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 07:37:16 -0800
Hi all.  My '67 Mk3 came with the factory hard top and tonneau cover, but no
soft top or hood cover.  Early model Mk3's like mine were shipped with "over
the centre" latches (the same that were used on Heralds) to secure the frame
to the windscreen.  Sometime in either late '67 or early '68, Triumph
switched to the paddle-style levers.

I've seen several Spifire hood frames for sale on the Internet, but I've yet
to see the type that I need for my car.  A fellow in England has offered to
send me the header rail with the latches since he's going to be discarding
them this summer, but I'd like to find a complete frame in good shape, if
possible.  Any ideas on where to look or how I might find one?

Thanks!

Jeff in San Diego
'67 Spitfire Mk3
www.ohms.com/spitfire/projects.shtml