Correct Dist cap + rotor + plugs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Correct Dist cap + rotor + plugs
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:22:16 -0500
Can anyone tell me how to tell which distributor I have so that I might get
the correct cap and rotor? My motor is a 69 1296 as far as I know, and the
distributor has no vacuum connections at all - pure mechanical. is that
likely to be a 69? Also, what are the correct spark plugs and gap? 69 1296
high compression, with fast road cam, dual SU's and a header, if any of
that makes a difference. Strictly daily driver road use.

I am starting to think I should make it my goal to have at least one part
from every model year of Spitfire on my car - just kidding! ;-)

Thanks in advance!
Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the Spit