Re: Suspension bushings

To: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>,
Subject: Re: Suspension bushings
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:00:36 -0500
At 10:16 PM 02/14/00 -0600, Roger Elliott wrote:

>I am trying to install new suspension poly bushings front and rear on my
>80 Spitfire.    Is there a trick for getting them to fit in
>easier?

Roger,

As Bill said, try freezing the bushings, I would recommend leaving them
cold overnight.

Also, heating the suspension bits in a warm oven (250 degrees) for 10-15
minutes helps too.

Finally, the lubrication is important! (Apply it AFTER the heating/cooling
of the components)

Good Luck,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ Squadron of NASS   (USA)

"Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?"