Tire sizes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire sizes
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:42:25 -0700
Firstly, Happy New Year to those who have just had, or are about
to experience it.  My computer still works, but my Spit won't start!
Millennium bug? Coincidence? It's only minus 10 Celsius.

        I inherited two Spit rims with Pirelli P44 175/70 R13 tires on
them, good enough to keep.  Now I need two more, but wonder about the
wider look of these tires.  I use Michelin ZX (or is it XZX) on my other
Spit and these 175/70 tires look soooo wide.  Would they be suitable for
front tires as well, or preferably rear?  Would it be wise to use
different width tires front and rear?

        Any experiences?
Cheers, Fred

'73 1500 getting it all together for 2000
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths
Calgary, Canada