Re: MKIII ECV

To: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: MKIII ECV
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:37:09 -0700
Pat,
Not only did I leave it off, I also welded the hole shut.  Works great.

If you do this, you may want to take a Dremel Tool and grind any excess
metal that extends into the manifold.  It is also a good time to remove
that excess metal that was left there from the factory!

Joe

Patrick Baize wrote:

> The manifold I have for my 1296cc motor is the 68-69 type for the dual
> SU's
>
> This had the ECV valve that went from the top/rear of the intake to the
> valve cover.
>
> Anyone ever left this off and did it cause any problems?  If you did
> remove it, how did you seal the intake hole?  Its not threaded.
>
> THnx
> Pat 63 Spitfire ( put gas in it)

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer