Scavenger hunt

To: spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scavenger hunt
From: "John Knox" <jknox@hcsd.iu5.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 08:23:35 -0500

That sounds kind of interesting.  It makes me wonder if they are using a list
that
has been handed down for a few years.  Maybe a fraternity, flight school or
something like that.  Collecting british car parts would have been easy 20 or 30
years ago when they were ubiquitous, and many of the parts would have been
falling
off anyway.  However now they aren't and the parts are getting scarce.  It might
be worth hunting around to find out, or have the police ask around.  It seems
that
a large group activity, done in fun (moronic as it might be) would be huntable.
Pressure them to solve the crime or ask the DA to help, if not ask the Mayors
office or city council.  Seems if it happened on a military base it would be
easy
to get someone's ear.  Investigations like this are hard to get going, but once
started take on a life of their own.  I would hazard that the police might have
pretty good idea of who is doing this after so many years.  If they knew how
valuable, the parts were they might help.  Remember to include the search time
for
a part like this.  What would you charge per hour to track down parts?  Maybe
that
bumper overrider is worth $500.00.