Last call: '67 or '68 Spitfire Mk3 wanted

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Last call: '67 or '68 Spitfire Mk3 wanted
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:06:10 -0800
Hello all.  I'm getting very close to purchasing a '69 Mk3 (and delighted if
I get it) but before I do, I just wanted to make certain that nobody is
contemplating the sale of a cherry '67 or '68 model.

By cherry, I mean mechanically sound (a good driver), no evidence of rust on
body or frame, more or less stock, straight and complete.

Interior and exterior cosmetics not crucial, but the nicer they are, the
more I'd be willing to pay.  Even if you're THINKING of selling your '67 or
'68 Mk3 in the not-too-distant future (and it fits the description above),
please let me know ASAP.

In case you're wondering why I'm bothering when I have a beautiful '69 lined
up (at least, that's what I'D be wondering), here it is:  I used to own a
'67 and I'm partial to the center mounted instrument cluster.  The driver
mounted instruments of the '69 are fine and I'll get used to them, but my
nostalgia really lies with the other style.  Additionally, I'm spending a
significant amount to purchase and ship the '69 to San Diego, and once I
make the purchase -- that's it.  I'm all done shopping.  At least for whole
cars.  :-)

Besides, it doesn't hurt to ask... one more time, at least.  Thanks for your
consideration.