Re: MK IV's & 1500's

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: MK IV's & 1500's
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 06:40:54 -0800
>black vinyl cap on the top of the inner door panel.  True?  Mine's been
lost in
>restoration, but looks good painted body colour.
True, my 72 Spitfire had them As well as the black molded plastic not
*vinyl* dash (technicality I know :-}).  Plus all the gauge bezels were
painted matt black instead of chrome.  Rather plain looking in my opinion.
At least the later bezels had a slight chrome finished edge which added a
little class as well as going back to a wood finish.  My dash has been
completely redone since I originally bought the car back in 73-  The " trim
pad door finishers" have long ago been replaced with vinyl of my own choice
though.  You are referring to the area just above the door panel, right?
While were on the subject I could never get the truly correct door panels
for my GT6+.  The ones originally on the car had a chrome finisher along
the top as well as the carpeted area along the entire bottom (not just in
the lower front corner).  The replacements have the carpet, but no chrome
finisher.  I ended up using a piece of door moulding, the kind that you get
at your local auto parts emporium.  It looks similar, but it's not exactly
the same.-

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)