Re: Electronic Ignition

To: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:12:47 -0700
Pat,
I have the Crane and have found its performance more than adequate.
However, there those who swear the Pertronics unit is superior.  I think
the Pertronics unit used magnetic pickup rather than an optical shutter
that the Crane uses.  That may very well make it superior.

If you have one of the Delco distributors, there is an adapter kit that
makes the Pertronics unit quit a bit more expensive than the Crane.

And now you know as much about the two as I do!  :)

Regards,
Joe

Patrick Baize wrote:

> While I have the Distributor disassembled, I am thinking of changing it
> to Electronic Ignition   The 2 I have heard about are:
>
>     1.  Crane Cams Fireball Electronic Ignition
>     2. Pertronix Ignitor Solid state electronic ignition system
>
> Any others out there and those that have them, how do they perform?
>
> TIA
> Pat 63 Spitfire (that motor is almost finished)

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer