Anyone hiring for pitcrews?

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anyone hiring for pitcrews?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:56:45 -0800
I had a fun afternoon on Wednesday-drove up to Santa Monica to have a lunch
date. So, excited and nervous I set out for the 40 minute ride. Got off the
freeway and was driving down Santa Monica Blvd-stopped at a light at 4th (I
think it was)-Al Stewart on the stereo, loads of people out and about, the
light changes...et Voila! My accelerator peddle is all the way to the floor!

I jump out at the speed of light, throw open the bonnet (always a
showstopping move in any crowd) and there! The throttle cable had come lose
from the Weber-reach in, pulled it a couple of times-nothing! Get it hooked
back up, run around and check the peddle-it's good! Run and lower the bonnet
get back into the car and drive off as the light changes and the crowd
gasps!

Of course, by the time I met my date, I was greasy, hot, rushed and sweaty!
At least I didn't get a parking ticket (didn't have time to get change for
the meter.) I'd say that was a successful afternoon.

Laura G.