Re: Need info, but no LBC

To: AH7324@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need info, but no LBC
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:17:28 -0800
Andy, I had heard that the high sulfur content was the reason that the TR7 did
not get the 16 valve aluminium head as per the Dolomite Sprint in the US like
the
ones in UK. The US TR7 got an 8 valve steel head. Also I heard that they were
not
additives but a base part of the gasoline that was not in that in UK, as the
"petrol" there comes from a different location. i.e. oil from Saudi Arabia as
opposed to oil from Texas(?).
So the story about the V8 is real, but I don't know if BMW ever did anything
special like liners etc.

Alan
'76 Spitfire