Re: paint (med. long)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: paint (med. long)
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:30:29 -0800
Larry,
  If you get the paint codes for "Magenta", check with a couple of your
local paint dealers, and they can make up a small quantity (pint) of the
color for you.  I am doing this with my body shell & "Brooklands
Green".  I've been able to spray a couple of fenders and areas to look
at closer.  It not only helps to see the color on your car, but you can
check your sanding & finish on the primer for ripples & such.  I also
found out about mixing the paints a little more - according to what you
need, and not neccessarily to manufacturer specs - I put new meaning
into the word "runs" :^)  Therefore, I'm glad I won't be still
experimenting with mixes when it comes time to shoot the whole car...

Good luck,
Peter Ficklin
'63 & '69 Spits