Re: Making a tough decision, need your advice!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Making a tough decision, need your advice!
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:24:48 EDT
Brian: In the For-What-It's-Worth Department, I would take the Spit over the
TR7 any day... of course, I drive a Spit.  My reason is 3-fold:
1) Convertible.  Can't beat a ragtop!
2) Collectibility.  While the TR7 may actually be a rarer car, the Spitfire
has the heritage of the Mk-Series predecessors and (in my completely
uneducated opinion) will always have more collector interest than a wedge.
3) Sexier car.  Timeless lines, whereas the wedge was a 70s fad which has
since gone the way of the bubble car.
But, like I said: I'm 100% biased.  Follow your heart, not anyone else's
advice.
Scott (& Hobbs, 77 Spit, daily driver)