Body prep

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body prep
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:11:05 -0700
Spitmaniacs,

Getting ready to clean up the body for painting. Now, I'm familiar with sand
blasting, but understand it's not good for sheet metal. So, anybody ever
used glass beads, plastic beads, or walnut shells ? I'm gonna do this
myself, the entire body, inside and out, top and bottom, (hey, my labor is
really CHEAP !!). Also, any hints on where to get the beads / shells in the
USA ? I've looked at Granger, and they seem a bit pricey.

And Laura, hang in there, I've lived in south Fla (Ft. Lauderdale), Upstate
NY (close to Rochester), the midwest (Indianapolis and Chicago), and So Cal
is the best. The big difference is you usually get a little advance notice
with storms, hurricanes, floods, etc. (please keep the flames low, I'm old
and can't move too fast ! <VBG>)

Ken C