Re: Header & related smell

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Header & related smell
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:11:31 -0400
At 03:28 AM 10/20/99 EDT, HD883HUGGR@aol.com wrote:
>    Here's the dilema: since I got Hobbs back, there has been a rather
>noteable stench coming from the engine compartment.  Smells like burning oil
>or burning rubber.
>    I haven't jacked it up to look underneath, but the oil may be dripping
on
>the 4-into-1 collector from the oil pan leak (Valve Cover is not leaking
-- I
>replaced the gasket a few hundred miles ago and it's bone dry).

Scott, you really ought to crawl under there and take a look before
changing any parts.

My Spit leaks a bit from the oil pan gasket AND the timing chain cover.
BUT, the tranny (J-type O/D) leaks too, and that drips onto the exhaust,
which smells after long drives.

FWIW

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

" Why is a procrastinator's work never done?"