Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: Paint job

To: spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: Paint job
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 06:03:17 -0500
Michael (and listers),

I really like your philosphy on this. And your Dad's motto. I think I've
mentioned this before, but I get a kick out of the people that, in spite of the
cars major flaws, still say, "what a cool car" and especially the kids that say,
"Mom/Dad! THAT'S the kinda car I want when I can drive!"

I will never have a "show" car, ALTHOUGH I did enter it in last years British
Car Union Des Plaines car show - funnier than hell - my car parked next to a
beautiful RHD, Blue, very, very nice Spit. The looks my car got! I should have
taken pictures of the people, not the cars! I actually feel more deserving
(sometimes) of the title "enthusiast" than people who trailer their cars to
shows or buy their Spits already restored - what fun is that?!

But Michael, yes I plan on doing a long trip. My girlfriend and I are talking
about a week or two driving through "Big Sky" country, camping, bed &
breakfasts, just cruising around and enjoying the big sky from cockpit of the
Spit.

And to answer your question - yep - it's on the road!

Later,

Vic