Re: Screen Savers for Dummies

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Screen Savers for Dummies
From: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:20:20 -0700
I downloaded the screen saver, and it works, partially.  You need to
download TWO files, the screen saver, and the second file with the
pictures.  I suspect you didn't download the pictures.  Either that, or
perhaps you didn't load the pictures where the screen saver can find
them.

The saver works, partially.  Can't get it to change from going to a new
picture every 60 seconds to something else.  Actully, you can change the
time, but it doesn't seem to take.  Also, can't seem to get it to work
with a windows screen saver password, something I must have for work.

Brad

=================

HD883HUGGR@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Spitphiles.  After fixing a number of minor gremlins in Hobbs recently, I
> have enjoyed a few hundred miles of trouble-free driving and wondered what
> the problem was.  This morning, as I tried to install the Spitfire screen
> saver, I figured it out: the Lucas demons have teleported from my car to my
> computer.
> All I get is a black screen with the clock and the words "Spitfire Screen
> Saver."  No photos, no logos, no scrolling stuff whatsoever.
> What did I do wrong?  Help!
> PS.  The install instruction screen said I can load my own photos of Hobbs,
> but I couldn't find specific instructions on how to do that either.
> Thanks!
> Scott (& Hobbs, 77 Spitfire, daily driver)

Bradley D. Richardson      Phone:  800-862-4563, ext. 2756
Senior Consultant                       FAX:  503-220-5150
Oracle Corporation                    Pager:  503-948-8956
1000 S.W. Broadway
Suite 1200
Portland, OR  97205         E-mail: brichard@us.oracle.com