Re: Spitfire 5 speed conversions

To: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire 5 speed conversions
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:52:36 -0400 (EDT)
--- Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net> wrote:
> Definitely!!!!! I had a 71 Midget with a Rivergate 5 speed (Datsun)
> in it
> and man what a difference that conversion made.
>
> I've talked to Bill Perry of Rivergate, who is a good friend and
> neighbor,.about also producing a  Spitfire kit and he has all the
> work he
> needs with the Spridget line. (I think he also has a bias against
> Spits too
> since he used to race against them in a Sprite). Anyway, it's too bad
> that
> he doesn't make one. The quality of the product he produces is
> excellent.

I'll work on him the last weekend of July - I'm supposed to crew for
his team up at Road Atlanta!  He is very pro-spridget, though, as one
of the cars is a NICE '73 round wheelarch Midget ITD car.

Cheers

Chip
'71 Triumph Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey, just a 4 speed no o/d
'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4.0l, 5 speeds, no waiting

===
I've got a PBS mind in an MTV world - Jimmy Buffett