Seat Belt Question

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belt Question
From: "Aidan Corcoran" <aidan@acquirer.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:18:42 +0100
I've just got back from 10 days in the US, and I had 480 messages to trawl
through (120 to go). Anyway... my question.

My '66 Mk 2 has three point static seat belts. There is one point each side
of the seat, and the third point is on the wheel arch, about half way up.
Given that my car won't make concurs and that my passengers of late have
been a bit concerned for their safety, I've bought a set of inertia belts.
The inertia belts need 4 points to get them setup correctly. Where do I get
the fourth point, the place where I put the reel.

I was thinking about the three inch vertical piece coming up from the floor
pan behind each of the seats. Put the reel there, put the loop piece on the
wheel arch, and use the other two anchors as they are.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Aidan
Mk 2 FC 83365