RE: Spit Trip

To: "'james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk'" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Spit Trip
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:37:10 +0100
James,

I'll go with Scott on the mobile phone and AA card (that's Automobile
Association, not Alcoholics Anonymous - although that might also be
useful...) but I'd suggest a good book to read while waiting for the
breakdown truck, too!

If it makes you feel any better, I took my Spitfire on it's first "real"
journey a couple of months ago - Slough to Coventry round trip, total
about 200 miles.  All I took with was a bottle of water and a can of oil
- and I didn't need either of them.

I used to know a guy who had a rotor arm snap in half while driving
along one day.  Since then, he's always carried a spare rotor arm with
him - and never needed it.  I suppose what I'm trying to say is that
whatever you think to take with you, the one thing you'll need will be
the one thing you left behind - so why bother?

Hope you enjoy the drive!

Dean