Re: Bad Service

To: "cecil wise" <cwise@southwind.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad Service
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:23:16 +0100
You have to take this into acount, I have spent 150 quid on spare parts for
my overdrive box, 10 quid on the overdrive seal kit (from OD spairs).  I got
my parts from the places where Rimmer would have got them, for much cheaper
than I would have payed through any of the Triumph spared places.  My local
garage would have replaced all the parts for the same amount, and charged
200 quid bench time for the overhaull, with a two year garantee.  Not
including taking it in and out!

Getting on for 380 quid, now how much do Rimmer and others charge for the
same work 370 quid, but I was lucky.  I didn't need a new clutch plate for
the overdrive 80 quid, and I got a very good deal on the main shaft, 45
opposed to 90.   My input shaft was fine, saving 50 quid.

Whats more, I have spent days on cleaning my overdrive, there is absolutly
no dirt in it at all.