Carpet

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpet
From: Paul Grafelman <pdgrafelman@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:15:18 -0500
AFter learning that the PO would "Let the car dry out, instead of putting
up the top-set", I decided it was a good idea to pull the carpet out.
Between the mold and the ants, it was alot of fun. So now I am looking into
buying a new carpet set. Which ones are the "best" and do they include all
the diferent parts (including the shift boot)?

Also, after replacing brake pads all around, thanks to Pep Boys Automotive
($15 for front and $23 for rear), how should I set the rear drums.
Basically I loosened the adjusting screw at the bottom of the drum until
they rotated freely. Then I bled the lines. It all seems to work well, but
I have never driven a spit with top notch brakes. They were nearly
non-existant on the post purchase ride home.

Paul Grafelman
77 1500