Re: air pump

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, conn@wctc.net, bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: air pump
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
I have the weber carb (DGAV) as well. My car backfired
right from the beginning (after I completed my initial
rebuild to get it running again)... The PO had blown
the engine.

Removing the air pump's drive belt eliminated the
backfire and added power just as you indicated. Here
in Florida, there are no emmission inspections so I've
just left it go. The car runs very well and the
exhaust is clean without the pump hooked up. I was
just thinking if there was something I could fix so I
could run the engine with the air pump-- why not hook
it back up?

I'm going to pop the hood and look for this "diverter
valve" tonight when I get home and see what I can find
out.

Regards,
--Rick