Spitfire won't start

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire won't start
From: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:22:48 -0700
HELP!!

Ok, I have been working on this spitfire through the week, finishing
installing the dash board, clutch, brake, and accel pedals, I went to start
the car and nothing happened....  Now, this car used to run.

What happens now is I turn the ignition, I hear the solenoid clunk and then
I hear a whirring noise.  This whirring is coming from the starter motor
and when I put my hand on the motor, I feel it spinning.  However, the
engine is not turning over.  What is wrong?  Ideas?  Not enough voltage
going to the starter?  Dead Battery?  Screwed up wiring somewhere?  (I have
been twisting and moving the wiring harness that is under the dashboard)...
 I am totally at a loss as to why things were working so well and then I
just hit bottom....

 Huw Upshall                      Email:
                                        @home: hupshall@wolfenet.com
                                        @work: hupshall@microsoft.com
                                  http:
                                        @home: www.wolfenet.com/~hupshall

 'Misspelled?  Impossible!  My modem is Error-Correcting!'