California Stop?

To: Laura.G@141.com
Subject: California Stop?
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:01:53 -0700
Gee, and here I thought I had coined the phrase "California Stop".  Here in
Oregon I use the term to refer to those drivers who accelerate upon seeing a
yellow light, and REALLY FLOOR IT if the light is "orange" (turning from
yellow to red).  This phenomenon seems to have been imported along with the
influx of immigrants from that state directly "south of our border". :)

The cops, at least here in Beaverton, have given notice that they will be
cracking down heavily on those who "run" yellow lights when they clearly
could have brought their car to a safe stop.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (who stops at those yellow lights because my soon to be
restored Spitfire will no longer be able to "outrun any cop car, any time".)