Calling Dan Masters...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Calling Dan Masters...
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:14:55 GMT
Hi Dan,

Please tell me what to do oh great electrical guru:

1980 1500 mostly stock but with a 1980 GM alternator.

My red light is always on dimly (can't be seen in direct sunlight, can be seen
in garage) when the motor is running. It has done this ever since I bought it.
 Changes in RPM has no effect.  Putting on the headlights makes it slightly
brighter.

Voltmeter at battrey shows steady 15v.; about 13.5v - 14v. with headlights on.
 Battrey is new.  Every bulb, instrument, motor, etc... on the car works just
fine.  I've cleaned every connection I can lay my hands on.  Any ideas??

Thanks,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)